My Guide Website?
Thessaloniki: Full-Day Bus Trip to Meteora1279 Reviews
Explore the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Meteora on a full-day bus trip from Thessaloniki. Enter 2 of the 6 holy monasteries and get panoramic views of the giant rocks.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Macedonia:If youʻre booking your trip to Macedonia last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- See 2 of the 6 holy monasteries of Meteora
- Get panoramic views of the buildings perched on near-vertical rocks
- Enjoy a traditional Greek lunch in Kastraki
DescriptionEmbark on a full-day bus trip to Meteora from Thessaloniki. Explore this UNESCO world heritage site and admire the unique landscape. Depart Thessaloniki in the morning and journey to the amazing monastery complex of Meteora to visit 2 of the 6 holy monasteries, depending on their operating schedule. Get access to holy sites such as the women's Monastery of Agios Stefanos with its impressive wood-carved iconostasis, or visit the Monastery of the Holy Trinity, perched on the top of a rocky precipice over 400 meters high. Alternatively, discover the tower of the old preserved net at the Monastery of Varlaam, or explore the largest of the monasteries at the Monastery of Great Meteoron. Take in panoramic views of these incredible structures and the stunning landscape. Enjoy a traditional Greek lunch in Kastraki, near the city of Kalampaka, before heading back to Thessaloniki.
IncludesRound-trip transportation Bilingual escort Basic travel insurance Hotel pickup and drop-off (if private option is selected)
- • The coach journey from Thessaloniki to Meteora is 3.5 hours each way, including a short stop along the way to use the restroom and buy snacks.
- The monasteries have strict dress rules prohibiting entry to male visitors wearing shorts and female visitors with sleeveless sweatshirts • Women need a long skirt/ dress to enter the monasteries. Women cannot enter the monasteries wearing trousers or jeans.
- To reach the monasteries, you will be required to climb stairs
- The €3 entrance fee to each monastery is not included in the ticket price, this must be paid in cash • You will stop for a traditional Greek lunch in Kastraki, this is not included in the ticket price