My Guide Website?
Meteora: Private Day Trip from Thessaloniki
This tour is an all-day Meteora experience. Joining this tour, you will discover the most important spots in Meteora by visiting three of the oldest monasteries of the region.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Macedonia:If youʻre booking your trip to Macedonia last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Visit 3 old monasteries (Great Meteoron, Varlaam and Saint Stephanos Monastery)
- Enjoy traditional, authentic Greek food in Kalabaka
- Walk through the old paths
- Meet the UNESCO heritage in Greece
DescriptionIn the morning, depart Thessaloniki and go to Meteora's spectacular monastic complex, where you will see three holy monasteries. The monasteries, which are built on massive natural pillars and rounded stones that dominate the landscape, originate from the 14th century, after monks first settled the area in the 11th century. Get access to holy monasteries like the Agios Stefanos Nunnery, which has an amazing wood-carved iconostasis. Visit the Monastery of Varlaam to see the old surviving net tower and the Monastery of Great Meteoron to see the largest of the monasteries, dedicated to the Transfiguration of Christ. Get panoramic views of these incredible structures and the stunning landscape. Enjoy a traditional Greek lunch in Kalabaka, before returning to Thessaloniki.
IncludesEnglish Speaking Driver Pickup and drop-off in an air-conditioned Mercedes sedan/minivan/minibus Bottled water
- Cover your shoulders and knees when you visit the monasteries. Don't wear shorts. You can carry a change of clothes on your visit.