My Guide Website?
Meteora: 2-Days Train Tour from Thessaloniki - Local Agency2 Reviews
Travel by train and enjoy two four Meteora Tours, one each day, see all 6 Monasteries and the amazing phenomenon of the giant rocks. Learn about the history from the best Local tour guide with our VIP Limo Mini Bus.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Macedonia:If youʻre booking your trip to Macedonia last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Enjoy two guided Meteora tours
- Choose to stay in a 3-star or 4-star hotel
- See the magnificent monasteries
- Stop at the best panoramic viewing spots
- Be accompanied by a local tour guide
DescriptionOn the morning of day 1, you will travel independently by train from Thessaloniki Train Station at 8:18 AM to Kalabaka. Along the way admire the beautiful Greek landscapes. Choose to travel with first or standard class train tickets and whether to stay in a 3-star or 4-star hotel. You will be picked up from Kalabaka train station at 11:30 AM and be transferred to your hotel. You will have time to have lunch and prepare yourself for the majestic Meteora Rocks sunset tour. You will be picked you up for the tour and returned to Kalabaka town for a short walk. On day 2, you will be picked up from your hotel and join a comprehensive Panoramic Meteora tour or a Meteora Hike. For the next four hours, experience the beauty of the unique phenomenon of Meteora and the holy monasteries on top of the rock giants. At the end of the tour, you will be transferred back to your hotel where you can get ready for your departure back to Thessaloniki. Your train departs at 5:15 PM and arrives back in Thessaloniki at approximately 8:30 PM. There is a change at Palaiofarsala Train Station with a waiting time of approximately 1 hour.
IncludesRound trip train tickets Overnight accommodation in a 3-star hotel Pickup and drop-off from the hotel in Kalabaka Transportation in a minibus Wi-Fi on the minibus Meteora Rocks sunset tour with guide Panoramic Meteora and Holy Monasteries tour or Meteora Hike with guide Panoramic Meteora map All taxes
- The local train company only issues 20 first-class tickets for the journey. If you select first-class train tickets when booking, and availability is restricted, you will be refunded the first-class ticket price, with second-class train tickets provided instead
- Your train tickets are e-tickets and will be sent to your email after your tour confirmation
- Visitors inside monasteries must be dressed modestly. Women must wear long skirts and long-sleeved blouses. Men must wear long pants and long-sleeved shirts