My Guide Website?
From Thessaloniki : Full-Day Train Trip to Meteora w/ Guide42 Reviews
Visit Meteora from Thessaloniki for an amazing experience. Travel by train from Thessaloniki, see all 6 monasteries with a wonderful tour guide.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Macedonia:If youʻre booking your trip to Macedonia last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Admire the architecture of 6 Greek monasteries
- Venture inside 3 monasteries to see the interiors
- Take photos at unique photo stops
DescriptionTake the train from Thessaloniki train station at 8:56 AM and head to Kalambaka (change trains at Paliofarsalos), while admiring the beautiful Greek landscapes during your trip. Upon arrival at the Kalambaka train station at 12:05 PM, be greeted by the team and begin your customized panoramic midday Meteora tour. Take an amazing 5-hour Meteora tour, see all 6 monasteries and take a go inside 3 of them. Your tour guide will give you full attention and care as the group will be small. There will be plenty of photo opportunities at secret places, that only locals know, making your tour a unique experience. At the end of the guided tour, be transferred back to Kalambaka station to catch the train back to Thessaloniki. The train departs at 6:22 PM (change trains at Paliofarsalos) and gets you to Thessaloniki at 10:30 PM.
IncludesRound-trip train tickets Customized 4-hour Meteora tour Panoramic view of all 6 monasteries Local English or Spanish-speaking tour leader Pick-up/drop off from Kalambaka Train Station VIP limo minibus (small groups) during the tour Free Wi-Fi on the bus Panoramic Meteora map All taxes
- • Visitors inside the monasteries must be dressed modestly. Women must wear long skirts and long-sleeved blouses. Men must wear long pants and long-sleeved shirts
- The local train company only issues 20 first-class tickets for the journey. If you select first-class train tickets when booking, and availability is restricted, you will be refunded the first-class ticket price, with second-class train tickets provided instead • The supplier is not responsible for any train delays affecting the duration of the tour. They will be waiting for you to the train station and guarantee to bring you back in time to the train station • Your train tickets are e-tickets and will be send to your email after your tour confirmation