My Guide Website?
From Thessaloniki: Day Trip to Meteora110 Reviews
Visit the extraordinary monasteries of Meteora, established by hermetic monks, suspended in air among the immense monolithic pillars of the Pindos Mountains. See hidden frescoes, religious icons and more.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Macedonia:If youʻre booking your trip to Macedonia last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- From Skopje: Vodno Mountain and Matka Canyon Tour
- Chalkidiki: Blue Lagoon & Ammouliani Island Cruise & Lunch
- From Athens: Mt. Olympus National Park Guided Day Tour
- From Sofia: Kosovo and North Macedonia 2-Day Tour
- From Skopje: Pristina and Prizren Private Sightseeing Tour
- Visit the rock-perched monasteries of Meteora
- Get some free time in the city of Kalambaka
- See extraordinary frescoes and religious icons
DescriptionFollowing early morning pick-up from Thessaloniki, journey by luxurious air-conditioned bus to Kalambaka for an estimated arrival time of 11:30. Upon arrival, go to the famous rock formations of Meteora and marvel at the enormous columns of rock that rise sharply from the ground. Settled in the 9th century by hermetic monks of the Eastern Orthodox Church, Meteora was designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1988. Of the monasteries that were established in this implausible location, 6 remain well preserved and 4 are still inhabited. Spend approximately 2 hours visiting 2 of the monasteries, and see a vast array of frescoes and religious iconography. Then, enjoy around 1 hour of free time in Kalambaka for lunch (not included) before departing at 15:30. Stop for a coffee along the way, before your arrival in Thessaloniki at around 18:45.
IncludesTransportation by luxury bus English-speaking guide Pick-up/drop off service from/to central locations in Thessaloniki All taxes
- Please note that appropriate clothing is required to enter the monasteries. Ladies must not wear short skirts and must have long sleeves. Men are not allowed to wear shorts