My Guide Website?
From Ouranoupolis: Cruise to Mount Athos Monasteries137 Reviews
Discover the stunning scenery, rich history and marvelous architecture of the world famous UNESCO World Heritage Site of the Mount Athos, from the comfort of a new luxury boat.
- Cruise around the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Mount Athos
- View beautiful ancient monasteries
- Enjoy a drink on the journey back
- Buy original souvenirs
- Be informed about the life of the monks and the rich history of monasteries
DescriptionStart your journey from the port of Ouranoupoli. View impressive monasteries positioned on the cliffs like Simonopetra and Daphni, as you travel around the coast. Discover the monastic state that has existed for more than 1000 years in accordance with the lifestyle and religiosity of the Byzantines. Keep an eye out for dolphins that may swim alongside the boat. Take the rare opportunity to see a Mediterranean monk seal in the wild, a critically endangered species.
Includes3-hour sightseeing boat cruise Multilingual guided tour on the boat Free binoculars Free Wi-Fi Pick-up and drop off service from the hotels nearby Ouranoupolis
- According to Greek law the boat is not allowed to moor next to the beach or to let people on Mount Athos, so you may see the monasteries from a certain distance
- You may buy food, drinks and art memorabilia on the boat
- If your hotel is located within a distance of about 25 kilometers from Ouranoupolis, please contact the tour operator to arrange your free pick-up and drop off service