My Guide Website?
Vergina & Pella: Day Trip to the Greek Kingdom of Macedonia145 Reviews
Take a full day trip by bus from Thessaloniki and travel back in time, into the Macedonian Kingdom of Alexander the Great and Philip II.
- Travel back to 3 fundamental periods of Greek history
- Take a road trip into the land of Alexander The Great and the Macedons
- Explore the Museum and Archaeological site of Pella, the capital of the kingdom of Macedon
- Visit the Royal Tombs of Aigai at the Vergina Museum
- Enjoy lunch at a traditional Greek tavern in the area
DescriptionEnjoy a beautiful day in Pella, learning about the ancient past of this area. You depart from Thessaloniki to Pella by a modern bus at 08:00 AM. The distance is about 50 km and the trip lasts about 45 minutes. Reach Pella, where you'll visit the new, modern museum, as well as the Archaeological site with the unique mosaics. Continue to Vergina and visit the Museum of the Royal Tombs of Aigai, which is situated within the borders of the village. Board the bus and drive to a fantastic restaurant for lunch. Savor Greek traditional homemade dishes, before the bus takes you back to Thessaloniki at approximately 3:30 PM.
IncludesRoundtrip transportation by modern A/C bus Basic travel transport insurance Skip-the-line assistance at the sites
- Please bring cash for the entry tickets
- Please bring your ID/passport to qualify for reduced prices
- Entry tickets to the Museum of Vergina (12€) and to the Museum and archaeological site of Pella (8€) are not included in the price