Skopje 4-Hour Walking Tour7 Reviews
Visit all the main attractions in Skopje on this 4-hour walking tour around the city. Enjoy the view of Skopje from Fortress Kale, cross the Stone Bridge, explore Macedonia Square, see Daut Pasha Hammam, visit the old railway station, and much more.
- Enjoy a walking tour around the city of Skopje
- See the Museum of Contemporary Art, Fortress Kale, the Mustapha Pasha Mosque, the Church of the Holy Savior, and the small museum of Goce Delchev
- Take an optional visit to the Museum of Macedonia
- Stroll through the Old Bazaar, where you can see Chifte Hammam and Daut Pasha Hammam
- Cross the Stone Bridge, one of the oldest landmarks in Skopje
- See the Holocaust Memorial Center for the Jews of Macedonia
- Admire the statues and monuments in Macedonia Square
- Walk along Macedonia Street towards the Museum of the City of Skopje, situated in the building of the old railway station
- Visit the Memorial House of Mother Teresa
DescriptionThis 4-hour walking tour of Skopje usually starts on the plateau where the Museum of Contemporary Art is located. This offers a wonderful view of the central part of Skopje and here the story about the city begins. Afterwards, you will visit the Fortress Kale before visiting the Mustapha Pasha Mosque, the Church of the Holy Savior, and the small museum of Goce Delchev. Another optional visit is to the Museum of Macedonia which consists of 3 parts: an icon gallery, an ethnological department, and a historical department. Then you will continue your stroll through the Old Bazaar, where 2 more caravanserais can be seen as well as 2 Turkish baths: Chifte Hammam and Daut Pasha Hammam. The tour continues towards the modern part of the city. Before you cross the Stone Bridge, one of the oldest landmarks of Skopje, you can see the Holocaust Memorial Center for the Jews of Macedonia and the Museum of the Macedonian Struggle for Independence, IMRO and the Victims of Communism. On the other bank of the river is the main square, Macedonia Square, with a lot of new statues and monuments. You will walk along the main street, Macedonia Street, which connects the square to the old railway station. You will stay for a short visit to the Memorial House of Mother Teresa and end the tour in front of the Museum of the City of Skopje, situated in the building of the old railway station.
IncludesTransport from your hotel Licensed tour guide Entrance tickets
- This tour its recomended for people who can walk for about 2-3 hours. We can also make several stops, either at the Old Bazaar or the shopping center, where there are plenty of cafes to take a short break.
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability