My Guide Website?
Polog Valley: Truffle walk & charcuterie tasting
Memorable walk in the forests of Shar Planina in the company of hunter and his trusty dog on a truffle discovery. The walk be followed by lunch of handmade charcuterie products in the vicinity.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Macedonia:If youʻre booking your trip to Macedonia last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Truffle walk in the primeval forests of Shar Planina
- Get basic insight about the nature of truffles and truffle hunting techniques
- Tasting of truffle-infused products
- Presentation followed by tasty lunch from artisanal charcuterie products
- Enjoy a day out in nature, in an area which within short drive from Skopje
DescriptionFor most of visitors to Macedonia, the country is not known as a truffle destination (from the likes of Italy or Croatia), but being dominantly mountainous and heavily forested, there is abundance of truffles - superfoods that offer a huge range of surprising nutrition and health benefits. There is a pleasant surprise awaiting You with this unique day trip which takes place not far from Skopje. After the morning pickup from Your accommodation in Skopje, there is approximately 1 hour long transfer to the area of Tetovo where Your truffle hunting guide is awaiting with his dog. They will take You for a refreshing (and easy) walk around the primeval forests of Shar Planina, Macedonia's largest mountain range. During the walk guests will get familiar with the unique nature of the truffles, as well as the basics of truffle hunting with a dog. The truffle walk will finish with tasting of truffle infused products, also guests get to bring home small part of the truffle 'catch of the day'. After the truffle walk, guests are taken to the second special location of the day, the family home of a artisanal charcuterie producers in the Polog valley. In their family home they will give presentation of different techniques of production of the delicious smoked meats and their complete range of products. What follows is charcuterie based alfresco lunch revealing the beautiful tastes of the Polog valley in northwest Macedonia. After saying goodbye, guests are transferred back to Skopje.
IncludesPickup and drop-off from any hotel in Skopje Transportation with comfortable airconditioned van Guidance in English Morning truffle walk in the area of Shar Planina Tasting and lunch with extensive selection of handmade charcuterie products
- This tour requires earlier departure from Skopje (around 7:30-8am) because of the nature of the truffle hunt. This tour will be delivered only on weather-permitting conditions. This tour has English speaking guide. This tour includes lunch with products from animal origin. The restaurants, accommodation and activity providers on this trip are small family owned businesses which were carefully selected for their premium quality and service, and their involvement on our trips is crucial for their existence. By working with these suppliers, we make true local impact and enforce responsible travel around Macedonia.