My Guide Website?
Meteora: Full-Day Rail Tour From Thessaloniki8 Reviews
Don't miss the opportunity during your stay in Thessaloniki to visit the breathtaking Meteora monasteries with this amazing full-day rail tour.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Macedonia:If youʻre booking your trip to Macedonia last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Visit 3 monasteries inside and the hidden hermit caves
- Admire the beauty of the countryside
- See all 6 monasteries and take photos at several breathtaking vistas
- Enjoy a top quality tour with a first-class train ticket option and luxury bus
- Learn about the legends of the old hermitages of Bandovas
DescriptionJourney from Thessaloniki Railway Station to Kalambaka where your English-speaking driver will be waiting for you holding a signboard with your name on it and will transfer you to the Meteora monasteries via minibus. Visit three monasteries and the hermit caves of Badovas on a 5-hour tour. At the end of the day, your driver will transfer you back to Kalambaka, where you will have the time to stroll around and have a light lunch (not included). Arrive back in Thessaloniki at 8:31 PM.
IncludesRound-trip train tickets from Thessaloniki to Kalambaka Tour guide Tour of Meteora by Mercedes luxury minibus Map of Meteora Photo stops in panoramic viewpoints Visit 3 monasteries inside and the hidden Hermit caves of Badovas See all 6 monasteries Free bottle of water Free Wi-Fi onboard the bus Free time in Kalambaka town First-class train ticket (if option selected)
- To enter the monasteries, appropriate clothing is required. Shoulders and knees must be covered for both men and women. Short skirts and shorts are not appropriate. You may be refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements.
- You will travel by train on your own (tickets included) and meet your guide at Kalambaka train station
- The train journey is not direct, you have to change once at Palaiofarsalos station