My Guide Website?
From Thessaloniki: Private Road Trip to Pella and Vergina2 Reviews
Visit Pella and Vergina, two most famous birthplaces cities of Alexander the Great.
- Discover Vergina, known for its remains of Aigai, the first capital of Macedonia
- Visit Pella, known as the ancient and wealthy capital of the kingdom of Macedon in the time of Alexander the Great
- See the King’s mausoleum and the famous museum
DescriptionStart your day with a beautiful landscape of Macedonia. Your first stop is Pella, the ancient capital town of Macedonia and native town of Alexander the Great. After this, visit Vergina, the place of the Royal Tombs, to see the King’s mausoleum and the famous museum with relics of the Tombs of King Philippos II, father of Alexander the Great. Visit the most important remains of the monumental palace of the Kingdom of Macedonia, lavishly decorated with mosaics and painted stuccoes, and the burial ground with more than 300 tumuli, some of which date from the 11th century B.C. One of the royal tombs is identified as that of Philip II, who conquered all the Greek cities, paving the way for his son Alexander and the expansion of the Hellenistic world.
IncludesTaxes Toll fees English–speaking driver Free Wi–Fi in vehicle Mercedes vito extra long transport
- Hotel pick–up inside Thessaloniki city to be arranged for free
- Extra charges may apply for pick–up at hotels located outside Thessaloniki city
- Please be ready 15 minutes before the scheduled departure time