My Guide Website?
From Thessaloniki: Pella and Vergina Full-Day Tour34 Reviews
Discover the birthplace of Alexander the Great on a magical journey through time to Pella. Visit the ancient capital of the Kingdom of Macedon at Vergina and more.
- Explore the birthplace of Alexander the Great at Pella
- Visit the ruins of the first capital of Macedon at Vergina
- See the stunning mosaic floors depicting scenes from Greek mythology
DescriptionFollowing early morning pick-up from Thessaloniki, journey by luxurious air-conditioned bus to the village of Pella. Visit the archaeological site and museum to see the stunning remains of the historical capital of the ancient kingdom of Macedon and birthplace of Alexander the Great. Look at the impressive mosaic floors that used to decorate the grand mansions, including depictions from Greek mythology of the Deer Hunt, the Abduction of Helen, the Rapture and the female warriors of the Battle of the Amazons (Amazonomachy). Continue to Vergina, best known as the site of Aigai, the first capital of Macedon. Spend approximately 1 hour in the extraordinary museum, where artifacts of incredible beauty excavated from the archaeological site are on display, along with the tomb of Alexander the Great’s father, Philip II. Depart Vergina at 04:00 PM and return to Thessaloniki late in the afternoon for an estimated arrival time of around 05:30 PM.
IncludesTransportation by luxury bus English-speaking guide throughout the tour Pick-up/drop off service from/to central points in Thessaloniki All taxes
- The visit to the museum and archaeological site of Pella is approximately 1.5 hours
- The visit to the museum in Vergina is approximately 1 hour
- The return to Thessaloniki is at around 05:00 PM - 05:30 PM
- There will be a lunch break of approximately 70 minutes