My Guide Website?
From Thessaloniki: Day Trip to Dion and Mount Olympus377 Reviews
Take a day excursion to travel back in time! Discover the culture and the traditional heritage of the mythical mountain of Olympus where the 12 gods of ancient Greece lived. Hike to the Enipeas gorge and enjoy lunch at a picturesque village nearby.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Macedonia:If youʻre booking your trip to Macedonia last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Visit and explore the museum and archaeological site of Dion
- Walk the Enipeas gorge of Mount Olympus near Litochoro village
- Enjoy lunch at one of the local restaurants
DescriptionDiscover the archaeological park of Dion and Mount Olympus on this tour from Thessaloniki. Travel in an airconditioned bus and take a nature hike along the Enipeas river to admire views of the Enipeas gorge. Depart from a centrally-located meeting point in Thessaloniki and head to the archaeological park of Dion. Take some free time to explore the exterior archaeological site. Purchase a ticket to the site to see the Hellenistic-era theatre which was known for hosting plays by the ancient philosopher Euripides in the past and now hosts the Olympus Festival. Visit the museum of Dion to see statues and admire mosaic work in of the House of Dionysus. Stop to purchase lunch in one of the traditional restaurants in the village before continuing to Olympus. Uncover the secrets of the mythological house of the 12 Greek gods. Take a short trek through the foothills of the mountain. Go along the Enipeas gorge and keep any eye out for local wildlife. Capture pictures of mountain views, before going back to Thessaloniki by bus in the afternoon.
IncludesPickup and drop-off from central locations in Thessaloniki Bus transportation to all locations English-speaking trip attendant Basic travel insurance (during transportation) Pickup and drop-off in Thessaloniki
- The hike that leads to the cave of Saint Dionysius takes about 20 minutes and requires comfortable walking shoes
- Please be informed that there is the possibility of modifying the schedule of the excursion according to current weather conditions; in case of non-favorable weather conditions (mostly during winter season) the short trek might be replaced either by visiting the picturesque village of Litochoro or by visiting the Holy Monastery of Saint Dionysus