My Guide Website?
From Thessaloniki: 3 Days in Meteora including Tours & Hotel1 Reviews
Join this 3-day/ 2-night rail tour from Thessaloniki to Meteora to discover the beauty and history of a unique geological phenomenon and the Byzantine monasteries, listed as UNESCO World Heritage monuments.
- Enjoy captivating views of an out of this world landscape
- See all six Byzantine monasteries
- Join two top-rated tours and activities
DescriptionDay 1 Trains are the most spacious and comfortable mode of travel in Greece. Catch the train to Kalambaka from Thessaloniki railway station and enjoy a trip that will give you the chance to admire the beauty of the Greek countryside. Upon your arrival in Kalambaka, at around 11:31 AM, your English-speaking driver will be waiting for you at the train station holding a signboard with your name on it to transfer you to your hotel. Late in the afternoon, your VIP minibus will pick you up from the hotel to join the Meteora Sunset Tour to admire breathtaking views of Meteora and to discover the hidden gems of this place. Day 2 For the next morning, you will the chance to choose the activity you wish between a half-day morning tour of Meteora to see the main attractions, the monasteries of Meteora with a VIP minibus or a hiking tour of Meteora to walk among the rock giants. Experience amazing sceneries and visit monuments of the Byzantine period, the monasteries of Meteora and learn their history. After this morning tour, at around 1:00 PM, the bus will drop you back to your hotel. The evening will be free for you to explore the area on your own. Day 3 Have the morning free. In the evening, a taxi transfer from your hotel to the local train station at Kalambaka will be arranged for you. At 5:15 PM, the train will depart from Kalambaka and arrive at 8:31 PM to Thessaloniki.
IncludesAdmire the world-famous Meteora and visit all the monasteries Join two tours and activities 2 night stay at a 3-star hotel with breakfast Meteora Sunset Tour Choose between the Meteora Hiking Tour or the Meteora Half-Day Tour Train tickets with return from Thessaloniki to Meteora Pick-up and drop-off from Kalampaka train station to your hotel and back English-speaking tour leader Free map and bottle of water Free Wi-Fi on-board the tour bus English, French, Italian, Spanish, Romanian and Russian guides by request
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- A small amount of walking is involved
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders must be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- You will travel by train on your own (tickets included) and meet your guide at Kalambaka train station