My Guide Website?
From Thessaloniki: 2-Day Rail Tour to Meteora
Join this 2-day rail tour to Meteora to discover the beauty and the history of a unique geological phenomenon and the Byzantine monasteries, listed as UNESCO World Heritage monuments.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Macedonia:If youʻre booking your trip to Macedonia last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Discover the astonishing Meteora
- Engage in memorable activities and admire breathtaking views
- Join two top rated tours and activities
DescriptionDay 1 Catch the train to Kalambaka from Thessaloniki railway station. Upon your arrival in Kalambaka, your English-speaking driver will be waiting for you at the train station holding a signboard with your name on it to transfer you to your hotel. In the evening, you will join the Meteora sunset tour to admire breathtaking views of Meteora and to discover all the hidden gems of this place. Day 2 Next morning, have the opportunity to choose the activity you prefer, the Meteora hiking tour or the half-day morning tour. Your guide will meet you in the lobby to explore Meteora together and to discover the natural beauty and the cultural heritage of this area. Enjoy a journey back in time and learn the stories of the first hermits and monks who laid the foundations of the monastic community of Meteora. Your driver will pick you up to transfer you to the train station. At 5:15 PM, the train departs and you will switch trains at Paleofarsalos, arriving back to Thessaloniki at 8:31 PM.
IncludesStay at a three-star or four-star hotel with breakfast Meteora sunset tour Choose between the Meteora hiking tour or the Meteora half-day tour Train tickets with return from Thessaloniki to Meteora Pickup and drop-off from Kalampaka train station to your hotel and back English-speaking tour guide on the tours Free map and bottle of water provided on the tours Free Wi-Fi on-board the tour bus
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders must be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- You will travel by train on your own (tickets included) and meet your guide at Kalambaka train station
- The train journey is not direct, you have to change once at Palaiofarsalos station