My Guide Website?
From Ohrid: Rural Wine and Dine Experience
Enjoy an epicurean exploration of the scenic countryside. Explore a stunning boutique winery, learn about winemaking, and taste a selection of premium local wines, followed by a delicious meal.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Macedonia:If youʻre booking your trip to Macedonia last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Savoring local Macedonian wine varieties from small batch wine producers
- Tasting genuine homecooked meal from seasonal dishes
- Exploring much less touristy areas near Ohrid
- Being a responsible traveler and supporting local rural communities
- Learn how ordinary people live in the Macedonian countryside
DescriptionUpon pickup from Ohrid, You will be transferred to the nearby village of Openica. This is where You will be greeted at local boutique winery with unique background and story to tell. The winemakers will introduce You to their wine making methods, show You around the premises, also offer You to taste nice selection of their wines (and some spirits) made from local and international grape varieties. Their scenic setting and the quality of their wine labels will definitely leave a long-lasting impression from Your visit. After this memorable wine tasting You will be transferred to the nearby village of Kuratica to be hosted by the family of Marina and Trene. After short walk around this scenic mountain village, homecooked lunch prepared by Your host family will be awaiting. Their family house is located in a small rural household which also includes permaculture and small pig and poultry farm. The meal is prepared from their own produce, with some ingredients sourced from the neighboring families. The dishes are seasonal and depend on availability (there is no fixed menu). You will be served a meal to remember, with traditional homecooked dishes typical to the Ohrid countryside, with a taste that's bound to be forgotten because there are very few people who still prepare these dishes at present, mainly because of the depopulation of the rural areas (caused by rapid urbanization). Tours like this support the existence of small rural communities across Macedonia.
IncludesHotel pickup & drop-off from any location in Ohrid Transportation and guidance in English Extensive wine and spirit tasting selection at local boutique winery & distillery Traditional homecooked meal at family home (1 beverage included)
- The tour takes place on any weather conditions. The restaurants, accommodation and activity providers on this trip are small family owned businesses which were carefully selected for their premium quality and service, and their involvement on our trips is crucial for their existence. By working with these suppliers, we make true local impact and enforce responsible travel around Macedonia.